What Is A Smile Makeover?
The term “smile makeover” encompasses several different procedures that work together to give patients a beautiful smile, no matter what the previous condition of their teeth. Depending on the individual patient’s need, a smile makeover may include dental veneers, bonding, implants and teeth whitening.
What Does My Dentist Consider When Performing A Smile Makeover?
When you come in for a smile makeover, your dentist will talk with you about several issues surrounding your teeth. This discussion may involve several topics, including:
- Your facial appearance. Your age and the shape of your face have an impact on what types of dental procedures will work well for you. Your dentist will discuss these issues and explain the design and planning used in determining the best smile makeover procedure for you.
- Your skin tone. It is very important to match the color of your teeth to your skin tone so that your new smile is brilliant but completely natural. Teeth that are too white will have a “fake” appearance, while those that have too much yellow or gray in their hue can look dingy.
- Your gum tissue. The health of your gums is an important consideration in any smile makeover. Your gums must be healthy enough to support your new dental work, and any gum health issues should be addressed prior to performing cosmetic dentistry.
- Your teeth. The color, size, shape and length of your teeth can be artificially changed or enhanced, but the best cosmetic dentistry works with your current tooth formation to produce natural-looking results. Additionally, your dentist will examine your teeth carefully to ensure that there are no issues with cavities or abscesses before performing any cosmetic dentistry procedures.
What Can I Change With A Smile Makeover?
The number of things that can be changed with a smile makeover are limited only by your imagination. Popular changes made with a smile makeover include:
- Tooth color. If you have visible metal fillings, these can be replaced with composite fillings that match the color of your teeth. Your dull or stained teeth can also be whitened with certain procedures or covered with veneers, crowns or implants.
- Tooth alignment and spacing. If you have crooked, overlapping or gapped teeth, a smile makeover can help you achieve regular, even teeth and a beautiful appearance.
- Missing teeth. If you have one or more missing teeth, you may have a problem not only with appearance but also with the structure of your remaining teeth. Missing teeth increase your risk of tooth decay and affect your bite. Bridges and implants can replace missing teeth and improve the strength of your entire mouth.
How Much Does A Smile Makeover Cost?
Because every smile makeover is unique, there is no way to predict cost. However, a dentist can explain every procedure and give you a cost estimate before you commit to a smile makeover.
What Happens When I Decide On A Smile Makeover?
In many cases, the work leading up to the smile makeover is just as extensive as the actual dental procedures. You will probably meet with your dentist at least once to go over your smile makeover expectations and perhaps again to see computer-generated models or other information to help you make an informed decision about which procedures you want. You will also receive pricing information at this time.
Once you and your dentist have agreed on your smile makeover plan, you will begin undergoing the procedures that will result in your beautiful new smile. Depending on the extent of the planned dental work, this may require several visits.
Call Door Creek Dental today to schedule a smile makeover consultation.