What is Root Canal Treatment?
When the pulp of the tooth of a tooth becomes infected or dies, root canal treatment is needed. Root canal treatment involves only removing the infected pulp inside of the tooth and then sealing the inside of the tooth with a special filling material.
What are the Symptoms of an Infected Tooth?
- Your tooth is sensitive to hot or cold
- Your tooth hurts when biting or pressure
- Your tooth has severe and/or throbbing pain
- The area around your tooth is swollen
- You have a bad taste in your mouth
You may also be unaware of the problem because there are no symptoms at all.
View the video below from the American Dental Association about Abcessed Teeth and Root Canal Treatment.